Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in{SA} Clan Site
Announcements: Be sure to check-in for Roll Call for November!
For information regarding our Ventrilo server, please click here.

Uploaded Image

New Type of Hack!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
{SA}*5|CROE|Rambo
{SA} Sniper Elite *5 Member
{SA} Sniper Elite *5 Member
{SA}*5|CROE|Rambo

Age : 28 Registration date : 2009-03-10 Number of posts : 1109 Location :

New Type of Hack! Vide
PostSubject: New Type of Hack!   New Type of Hack! I_icon_minitimeTue 5 Jan 2010 - 3:18

Ghost and me were on {SA}1 when Ghost noticed that 4 people had 2 different IDENTICAL GUIDS (2 had same the other 2 had same)

Ghost got a pic will all 4 and I got a pic with 2 showing just me ghost and the 2 of them:

Ghost tryed banning the people but it didnt work so When only 2 left I typed a number not showing in the client number list and it got 1 of them......as soon as the other guys saw this he was like OMG WTF HOW DID YOU FIGURED IT OUT AND BOLTED OUT OF SEVER.

Ghosts Pic:
New Type of Hack! 28b9daddfe194c5f6aa5e7776112361376c05788

My Pic:

{SA}ROE|Rambo Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
{SA}CL|ghost
Sniper Academy Clan Leader
{SA}CL|ghost

Age : 115 Registration date : 2009-08-22 Number of posts : 2080 Location : Somewhere in the abyss

New Type of Hack! Vide
PostSubject: Re: New Type of Hack!   New Type of Hack! I_icon_minitimeTue 5 Jan 2010 - 3:19

Please do not pay attention to number #4 that is dilf, he changed his name at the time. But for the two Jaeger’s I had banned them for not following the {SA} rules and too my surprise they did not leave. That is when I had noticed they both had the same IP and guid. I had tried banning both again once on modern recon and then on the console but it still did not work. I had then asked them both how I am not able to kick them and they would not reply...
This is where I had called in the big dogs “RAMBO” and had updated him on the situation that was going on in the {SA}1 server. Rambo had tried, and the same thing had happened to him until he tried temp banning one of them which worked. Sure as shit once the other guy saw that his buddy was banned he bolted quicker than shit...lol

{SA}ghost
Back to top Go down
{SA}RTFM|Sinful

Age : 33 Registration date : 2009-03-07 Number of posts : 930 Location : Tucson, Arizona

New Type of Hack! Vide
PostSubject: Re: New Type of Hack!   New Type of Hack! I_icon_minitimeTue 5 Jan 2010 - 4:29

Thats an exploit in COD4. I've run into it before. You usually have to manually enter their GUID into the ban.txt file, their IP into the server.cfg file, or PB ban them (or, for guaranteed ban, do all 3)

Next time you run into this kind of incident, just PB ban automatically, no warnings. Have the reason part be "CD key exploit"

~Sinful
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bstrickler
{SA}MaJoR_SiGhTs
Major
Major
{SA}MaJoR_SiGhTs

Age : 36 Registration date : 2009-02-27 Number of posts : 852 Location : Ontario, Canada

New Type of Hack! Vide
PostSubject: Re: New Type of Hack!   New Type of Hack! I_icon_minitimeTue 5 Jan 2010 - 4:36

hmmm, could that not mean that they are using same copy of game and are in the same house/on same internet connection? I know for IP that would be the answer but not sure about GUID's so much. I know I can run my copy of cod4 on 2 computers at the same time, using the same key. and neither requires the disk to be in too.
Back to top Go down
http://Sa-snipersacademy.co.cc
{SA}CL|ghost
{SA}CL|ghost

Age : 115 Registration date : 2009-08-22 Number of posts : 2080 Location : Somewhere in the abyss

New Type of Hack! Vide
PostSubject: Re: New Type of Hack!   New Type of Hack! I_icon_minitimeTue 5 Jan 2010 - 5:52

MAJOR wrote:
hmmm, could that not mean that they are using same copy of game and are in the same house/on same internet connection? I know for IP that would be the answer but not sure about GUID's so much. I know I can run my copy of cod4 on 2 computers at the same time, using the same key. and neither requires the disk to be in too.

Well the answer to Major’s question is NO!!! After Major had tested this with Sin and I it was confirmed that PunkBuster will kick you for having the same guid. So to reiterate what SIN had stated, PB ban the violators if you notice that there is someone with the same IP and guid.

{SA}ghost
Back to top Go down
{SA}RTFM|Sinful

Age : 33 Registration date : 2009-03-07 Number of posts : 930 Location : Tucson, Arizona

New Type of Hack! Vide
PostSubject: Re: New Type of Hack!   New Type of Hack! I_icon_minitimeTue 5 Jan 2010 - 6:30

Actually, I had just messed with PB's GUID relax thing. After each map start, it relaxes to 7, which allows people with the SAME GUID to join the server. I had it set to 0, which is SUPPOSED to kick anyone with a duplicate, invalid, or missing GUID. For some reason, it must have not been working when those people were on, but I have it set up now to force it to 0 every 20 seconds or so, to try to prevent people from ever being able to do that again.

If you run into it again in the future, just copy their GUID, IP, and name, and I'll ban them 3 ways (PB ban, server ban, and IP ban).

I don't like people who are actually hurting the companies who designed the game (I don't quite agree with the $40 price tag, either, but if you're smart, like I was, you can find it for $25, possibly even less!). I don't care if you crack the single player, so you can play that however much you want, because I don't consider that really hurting anyone, because you can only play with yourself. If you try bypassing the online side, that is hurting the companies (yeah, yeah, I know they make millions a year). At least with games, it takes skill, talent, frustration, and lots of effort to design, debug, and get working.

Sorry for the rant in the last paragraph, but people like them piss me off.

~Brian
Back to top Go down
{SA}CL|ghost
{SA}CL|ghost

New Type of Hack! Vide
PostSubject: Re: New Type of Hack!   New Type of Hack! I_icon_minitimeTue 5 Jan 2010 - 6:53

Sweet Sin,

Thanks for the update on this issue it had me and Rambo stumped earlier Sad But for sure now we know that it is just another way for some bored azz person to hack the game to ruin it for others Mad Mad

{SA}ghost
Back to top Go down
{SA}MG|REPOMAN
Major
Major
{SA}MG|REPOMAN

Age : 47 Registration date : 2009-04-11 Number of posts : 448 Location : Pacific Ocean

New Type of Hack! Vide
PostSubject: Re: New Type of Hack!   New Type of Hack! I_icon_minitimeTue 5 Jan 2010 - 7:30

Man that’s why I really like you guys! Highly organized and greatly dedicated to fair play. Man to catch something like the same GUID that takes some skill and patience which I lack.

A big mahalo goes out to you ghost and Rambo for keeping it real

Aloha
Back to top Go down
http://sa-snipersacademy.co.cc
{SA}RTFM|Sinful

New Type of Hack! Vide
PostSubject: Re: New Type of Hack!   New Type of Hack! I_icon_minitimeTue 5 Jan 2010 - 10:46

You're really going to like this system I'm going to be working with on PB. If it'll do what I think it does, it'll allow us to use a points system for players who break rules. Instead of having to ban them, we just give them a point via PB, then tempban them. Once they hit 6 points, they'll be PB banned for a week.

That's just one of the thing's I'm reading up on. Sounds like we can also protect our tags, so PB kicks anyone with {SA} tags that shouldn't have them (yes, I know theres a flaw there, with Snipers Aces, but I will deal with that when the issue comes up, or when I get it working, and can talk with them, to see if I can have the GUID's of their most active members, so I can add an exception).

I'm going to be playing with some other stuff, too.
Back to top Go down
{SA}MaJoR_SiGhTs
Major
Major
{SA}MaJoR_SiGhTs

Age : 36 Registration date : 2009-02-27 Number of posts : 852 Location : Ontario, Canada

New Type of Hack! Vide
PostSubject: Re: New Type of Hack!   New Type of Hack! I_icon_minitimeTue 5 Jan 2010 - 15:12

{SA}RTFM|Sinful wrote:
Actually, I had just messed with PB's GUID relax thing. After each map start, it relaxes to 7, which allows people with the SAME GUID to join the server. I had it set to 0, which is SUPPOSED to kick anyone with a duplicate, invalid, or missing GUID. For some reason, it must have not been working when those people were on, but I have it set up now to force it to 0 every 20 seconds or so, to try to prevent people from ever being able to do that again.

If you run into it again in the future, just copy their GUID, IP, and name, and I'll ban them 3 ways (PB ban, server ban, and IP ban).

I don't like people who are actually hurting the companies who designed the game (I don't quite agree with the $40 price tag, either, but if you're smart, like I was, you can find it for $25, possibly even less!). I don't care if you crack the single player, so you can play that however much you want, because I don't consider that really hurting anyone, because you can only play with yourself. If you try bypassing the online side, that is hurting the companies (yeah, yeah, I know they make millions a year). At least with games, it takes skill, talent, frustration, and lots of effort to design, debug, and get working.

Sorry for the rant in the last paragraph, but people like them piss me off.

~Brian

Does this mean your mad at me? Since I paid the 50 bucks for the game and installed it on both my comps? And choose to play on non punkbuster servers with my bro on one comp and me on the other? As far as I'm concerned, if you pay 50 bucks for the game you should be allowed to install it on multiple systems (up to 3 would be cool,) and only if they are installed on computers using the same IP (ie. a home network)!
Back to top Go down
{SA}RTFM|Sinful

New Type of Hack! Vide
PostSubject: Re: New Type of Hack!   New Type of Hack! I_icon_minitimeTue 5 Jan 2010 - 15:29

MAJOR wrote:

Does this mean your mad at me? Since I paid the 50 bucks for the game and installed it on both my comps? And choose to play on non punkbuster servers with my bro on one comp and me on the other? As far as I'm concerned, if you pay 50 bucks for the game you should be allowed to install it on multiple systems (up to 3 would be cool,) and only if they are installed on computers using the same IP (ie. a home network)!

Wait... I thought IW/Activision designed it to only work with 1 key online at a time... If they didn't, I should withdraw my statement. I'm used to companies designing it so only 1 person with that CD key could play at a time. I thought that the whole duplicate CD key thing online was an exploit >_<

~Sinful
Back to top Go down
{SA}MaJoR_SiGhTs
Major
Major
{SA}MaJoR_SiGhTs

New Type of Hack! Vide
PostSubject: Re: New Type of Hack!   New Type of Hack! I_icon_minitimeTue 5 Jan 2010 - 16:27

No. When I was the recruiter for {SA}, I used to have my laptop sit beside me with a player "ingame" spectating ppl, while I played on my comp, for tryout days that is. And my brother likes to come over and he plays on my wife's computer, so come to think of it, it can be installed on several computers, UNTIL Cod4 notices that its on a different IP, I think it ignores it.
Back to top Go down
{SA}ROE|Mozzarella
Elite

{SA}ROE|Mozzarella

Age : 28 Registration date : 2010-08-13 Number of posts : 1472 Location : You tell me

New Type of Hack! Vide
PostSubject: Re: New Type of Hack!   New Type of Hack! I_icon_minitimeSat 9 Jul 2011 - 22:57

2086810714065f776d8c382c2808bc3d

same thing happened again. i permanently banned them on our server only. thats their GUID if you want to unban them, and one of them is on the bann list on our Rcon tool.
Back to top Go down
{SA}ROE|Mozzarella
Elite

{SA}ROE|Mozzarella

Age : 28 Registration date : 2010-08-13 Number of posts : 1472 Location : You tell me

New Type of Hack! Vide
PostSubject: Re: New Type of Hack!   New Type of Hack! I_icon_minitimeSun 10 Jul 2011 - 0:02

Ok, sinful cleared up the situation with me. the one i was able to perma ban was unbanned. I was pressured for time and so i wasn't able to read all of this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Type of Hack! Vide
PostSubject: Re: New Type of Hack!   New Type of Hack! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Type of Hack!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Technical :: Server issues (including hackers) -