Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in{SA} Clan Site
Announcements: Be sure to check-in for Roll Call for November!
For information regarding our Ventrilo server, please click here.

Uploaded Image

Looking for a member who can host a server, and UNDERSTANDS how to.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
{SA}RTFM|Sinful
Sniper Academy Clan Leader

Age : 33 Registration date : 2009-03-07 Number of posts : 930 Location : Tucson, Arizona

Looking for a member who can host a server, and UNDERSTANDS how to. Vide
PostSubject: Looking for a member who can host a server, and UNDERSTANDS how to.   Looking for a member who can host a server, and UNDERSTANDS how to. I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009 - 10:45

I'm looking to bring back the TDM/Tac server, but my upload speed isn't very happy with running 2 20 man servers.

Here's the req's:

You MUST be good with computers (no coming to me every day asking how to do something, especially when GOOGLE will find your results for you.)

You MUST be willing to learn how to use ModernRcon

You MUST learn server commands, and how to use them

You MUST be able to run it at least 14 hours a day.

You CAN'T be a new member of {SA} (must be in for 3+ months), unless you've proven to be dedicated to the clan.

You MUST have an upload speed of at LEAST 2.0 mbps (check it via speedtest.net)

You MUST be able to figure out your external IP without asking for help (part of knowing how to use a computer). It's VERY simple.

You MUST know how to edit server cfg files, and set your own up to be optimized for your connection.

You MUST learn/know how to forward ports (if your router is confusing, I can help you). Go to portforward.com to figure out how, before coming to me.

YOU MUST HAVE A STATIC IP ADDRESS!!!!!! If you have a dynamic one, don't even bother trying to host a server, because dynamic = crap. Usually, if you have a dynamic IP, you can talk with your ISP, and they will give you a static one (although sometimes they'll charge you a monthly fee for it. Usually $5-$10)

If you didn't understand anything I said, don't even bother offering to run the server.

Do not expect this to get you to RTFM right away. There will be a 2-week period before you get it, if the server is successful, and you prove to be knowledgeable, or put forth the effort to learn how to run a server properly, with minimal, or no help. If it is not successful, obviously you most likely won't become RTFM. This is nothing against you, its just that there's no point of making a person an RTFM if they're incapable of running a server properly. There are other ways to become RTFM, but only 2 people right now are proving to be RTFM material.

~Sinful
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bstrickler
Stealth

Age : 30 Registration date : 2009-07-07 Number of posts : 198 Location : Duluth, MN

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a member who can host a server, and UNDERSTANDS how to.   Looking for a member who can host a server, and UNDERSTANDS how to. I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009 - 15:26

my bro isnt in your clan but he knows how to run a server his xfire is cardinals17 he says your his friend but yeah he knw how to run one so talk to him whenever he is on or send him a pm via through xfire
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Age : 30 Registration date : 2009-03-21 Number of posts : 975 Location : USA Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a member who can host a server, and UNDERSTANDS how to.   Looking for a member who can host a server, and UNDERSTANDS how to. I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009 - 17:02

If you help me with a few things I can host a server. I can already set one up and I know how to edit some things with rcon tool. The only thing I'd need help with is getting into my router and the cfg files thing. Other than that most of the rest seems fine. Smile

Looking for a member who can host a server, and UNDERSTANDS how to. 601430162 Idk about this though, you said 2mb/s UPLOAD? about that...

~Cain
Back to top Go down
{SA}RTFM|Sinful

Age : 33 Registration date : 2009-03-07 Number of posts : 930 Location : Tucson, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a member who can host a server, and UNDERSTANDS how to.   Looking for a member who can host a server, and UNDERSTANDS how to. I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009 - 22:22

{SA}CROE|Cain wrote:
If you help me with a few things I can host a server. I can already set one up and I know how to edit some things with rcon tool. The only thing I'd need help with is getting into my router and the cfg files thing. Other than that most of the rest seems fine. Smile

Looking for a member who can host a server, and UNDERSTANDS how to. 601430162 Idk about this though, you said 2mb/s UPLOAD? about that...

~Cain

Yeah. 2mbps upload will run about a 20 man server. 0.1mbps/person is the minimum you need to host a stable server for 15-20 people.

And Stealth, sorry to say, but I will only have {SA} members host a server, just for simplicity, and we all know eachother.

~Sinful
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bstrickler
Stealth

Age : 30 Registration date : 2009-07-07 Number of posts : 198 Location : Duluth, MN

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a member who can host a server, and UNDERSTANDS how to.   Looking for a member who can host a server, and UNDERSTANDS how to. I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 0:49

thats alright sinful lol god runs a {SA}tac on 1.0
Back to top Go down
SharkCity|Ak*
Private
Private
SharkCity|Ak*

Age : 27 Registration date : 2009-07-14 Number of posts : 171 Location : Bay Area

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a member who can host a server, and UNDERSTANDS how to.   Looking for a member who can host a server, and UNDERSTANDS how to. I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Oct 2009 - 5:46

Looking for a member who can host a server, and UNDERSTANDS how to. 605848797
Mine fails majorly Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a member who can host a server, and UNDERSTANDS how to.   Looking for a member who can host a server, and UNDERSTANDS how to. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for a member who can host a server, and UNDERSTANDS how to.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Snipers Academy Clan Chatter :: News and Updates -